Thursday, February 10, 2011

Katy Perry: 'I Was Shaped Like a Square'

She may be known for her curvy physique now, but Katy Perry wasn't always so hot. "I was shaped like a square at one time," she reveals in the new issue of Elle. "I was! I'm generally around 130 pounds, which is totally fine for me. But when I was a kid, I was the same height and weighed more like 145. All I wanted was to look like Kate Moss. Little did I know ... that these things would come in handy someday."

That's putting it mildly! Katy makes the most of her shapely status these days in videos like "California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream," and she makes no apologies for it. "We're past that. I'm a sexy girl, so what? I never claimed I was a nun!"


Behind Our March Cover: Katy Perry

Katy describes her current style, which includes anything from the glow-in-the-dark dress she wore to last year's Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute gala to the blue wig she donned for the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, as a "Bettie Page meets Wonder Woman meets Doris Day meets Judy Jetson meets Natalie Wood meets Daphne Guinness meets Chloe Sevigny kind of look."





Katy goes retro in white. ELLE Magazine
Red Carpet Buzz: Katy Perry in Jenny Packham
Katy surprised everyone, though, when she showed just how traditional she really is by marrying and domesticating funny guy Russell Brand. The two wed in October 2010 after a little more than a year together ... and plan to have kids eventually! "Everything clicked really fast," she says. "We kind of instantly got past all the surfacey stuff. And ever since then, there hasn't been a dull moment."






 
Since her personal life is going so well, Katy says most of her energy is focused on her busy career. The "Firework" singer is up for four Grammy awards next week. "I feel like I'm at a point in my life right now where I could potentially stick around," she says. "I don't feel like a diva, but I think diva is a great and powerful word in the sense of what Beyonce makes it. And maybe I can't be Beyonce, but maybe I can be Cyndi Lauper. I mean be like her, not be her. That would just be weird."






The lady wears red. ELLE Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment